Serenity Beach Puducherry Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Serenity Beach Puducherry Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 38 reviews
Serenity Beach Puducherry Address: Villa La Serenity Connecting Rd, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, 605104, India
The gorgeous erstwhile French capital of India, Puducherry, is mesmerising in all aspects. The tranquil UT has several activities and places to visit for all age groups. Along with the breathtaking monuments and museums, the coastal area of Puducherry marks some of the most beautiful beaches. Among these beaches is the Serenity beach, one of its kind.
The name “Serenity” is apt for the beach due to the tranquillity it exudes on all travellers visiting it. The calm and clean beach is a perfect getaway from the rush of the city. Moreover, the beach is less crowded, making it a top pick for honeymoon couples and families to relax and enjoy their ‘Me’ time.
#Trivia: The beach was earlier known as Thanthirayan Kuppam beach or simply by the location, Kottakuppam beach.
It is the only beach in Puducherry with mesmerising white sands on one side and a rocky stretch along the other side. The Serenity beach is always anchored with fishermen’s boats and other gear all along the coast.
It is a beach where you can simply relax and eat, go shopping, surf around the waters of the Bay of Bengal, or take a walk and enjoy the beauty the place has to offer.
Things to do at Serenity beach
The Serenity beach is a major tourist attraction in Puducherry. However, it is not only the water and the white sand that attracts tourists, but you can do so much more if only you let yourself flow with the waves and enjoy the tides sitting back.
1. Surfing: If you want to surf, you know where to go in Puducherry. With adrenaline pumping high all day long, you will find crowds of youngsters and tourists riding the waves on their surfboards. The tides of the Bay of Bengal beckon you to get it a shot and make your trip worthwhile. If you are a true adrenaline enthusiast and a hardcore adventure seeker, surfing and parasailing are for you.
You can also undergo short training in a school near the beach. All surfing equipment and gear are available for rent. You also have surfing guides to help you understand the movements and make the most of your time.
2. Photography: In this world of social media, no trip is complete without a couple of photographs. Pictures come alive with every shot and angle from the beautiful backdrop of the palm trees, the carpeted white sand, and the shimmering water. The dawn makes the place more attractive, with the sun rising near the horizon and the glistening cold sand underneath your feet; you will witness several pre-wedding shoots and general photographs at this time.
3. Shopping: It will be unfair for you to leave the beach without a souvenir or two from the local market. Good quality local products and handicraft items are available at the local beach market. You can find footwear, textiles and garments, local handicraft, jewellery, spices, apparel, and much more. If you happen to come over a weekend, don’t forget to check out the local market called the Serenity beach bazaar that is set up every weekend from 10 AM to 5 PM.
4. Eating: Who doesn’t enjoy eating delicious food, right? The Serenity beach offers you some of the best local delicacies that will tingle your taste buds. From Indian to continental, you can gorge on anything you wish, right here.
5. Strolling: If you happen to book a resort near the beach, we recommend you take a stroll along the beachside in the morning or evening with your loved ones. The calming aura of the waves and the cool sand underneath your feet takes all your woes away.
#Quicktips: It is best to carry everything you need while travelling to a beach. From sunscreen lotion to water bottles, extra pairs of clothes to towels. Also, be careful while strolling on the beach as there may be chances you will encounter small sea crabs and jellyfish. Just in case, keep a first-aid kit with calamine lotion, band aid, boroline, and soframycin.
While beach visits are fun and a great way to unwind, let’s keep a few tips in mind while travelling to these locations. First, you never know what you may come across and what you may need to carry; thus, having a quick checklist always helps, especially when travelling with kids and family.
Besides carrying the essentials, you know you are in for a relaxing time in one of the most serene tourist spots of Puducherry. You can gorge on a variety of local and Indian delicacies, snacks and check-in at some of the most beautiful hotels along the beachfront with an excellent view.
Image Gallery of Serenity Beach Puducherry
Location of Serenity beach
Serenity beach is located in Kottakuppam on the outskirts of Puducherry. It is 5.3 kms from the city centre of Puducherry. It usually takes around twenty minutes to cover the distance.
Entry fee and timing to Serenity beach Puducherry
This alluring beach is open to visitors throughout the week. You can go to the beach from morning to dusk. The opening and closing time of the Serenity beach is 6 AM and 6 PM, respectively. There is no entry fee to the beach.
Best time to visit Serenity beach
Serenity Beach is open all year round. But if you want to avoid the humid summers and the wet rainy days, visit the city of Puducherry between October and March. The pleasant weather and the favourable winter season is the best time to enjoy your trip to Serenity beach. The temperature during winter will be around 22-24 degrees Celsius.
How to reach Serenity beach in Puducherry
Serenity beach is located on the northern side of Puducherry and is accessible from all modes of transport without much hassle.
By Air: The Puducherry airport is just 10kms away from the Serenity beach, being the nearest airport. You can quickly hire a cab from the airport and reach the beach in approximately 15 minutes.
By bus: The bus stand is 10Km away from the beach. You can take a local rickshaw or bus or even book a cab from top car rental companies in Pondicherry and reach the beach in no time.
By train: The Villupuram railway station is 50Km from Serenity beach. You can opt for a taxi from the station and reach the beach within an hour. This is by far the most time-consuming mode of getting to Puducherry.
With the shimmering blue water coupled with rocky patches and the beautiful white sand, Serenity beach is lined with tall palm trees that make it look like a backdrop in a movie. So if you are looking at spending a couple of days doing nothing, this is the place to be. So get the beach bag out, pack some light clothes, and enjoy the serenity of Serenity beach with your family and loved ones. Book a Pondicherry tour package from Pondicherry Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA to make the most of your tour. We offer these packages at best rates, so that you can enjoy a relaxing holiday without breaking the bank. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more.