Promenade Beach Puducherry Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Promenade Beach Puducherry Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 27 reviews
Promenade Beach Puducherry Address: Beach Road, Puducherry, 605001, India
Puducherry Tour Packages
Promenade Beach Puducherry Timings
|Monday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Wedesday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Friday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Saturday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Sunday||6:00 am – 8:00 pm|
Note: Promenade Beach Puducherry Vehicles open between 7:30 am to 6:00 pmLinks: Website | Map
Out of all the beaches in Pondicherry, Promenade Beach is one of its own kind of beach that is popularly known for its azure waters, ocean sprays, shimmering sand, beautiful coastline, and cosy ambiance.
Also referred to as Pondicherry Beach, Rock Beach, and Mahatma Gandhi Beach, Promenade Beach invites tourists of all ages to relax and rejuvenate in a laid-back atmosphere. An ideal holiday spot for photographers, nature lovers, and wanderers, this beach, surrounded by exotic landscapes, allows you to witness the alluring views from the sea and gaze upon the stunning sunset in the evening. It is considered as a must-visit attraction on your Pondicherry tour and a perfect base for family picnics.
Situated in the heart of the city, the Promenade Beach offers full-fledged entertainment to all those who come here to make memories for a lifetime. Here you can de-stress your mind under the shade of the sun, take a refreshing plunge in the water, enjoy a stroll, or choose to play with soft sand. This beach also has several nearby attractions that can be explored on your way.
Things to do at Promenade Beach, Puducherry
Wondering what to do on Promenade Beach other than just relaxing and lazing around? Fret not! The beach has got something for everyone. So, whether you’re in search of a leisure or an adventurous trip, you’ll definitely find several things to keep yourself engaged all the time. A few of them include:
- Walk hand-in-hand with your partner on this 1.5 km long beach to spend some quality time with each other and create memories for a lifetime. It is indeed one of the nicest things to do whenever you are on this beach.
- Visit the popular Le Café restaurant to enjoy a sip of mouthwatering coffee and a variety of seafood dishes. This beach also hosts several other restaurants that are widely famous for serving authentic traditional food to everyone.
- Take some time to explore the significant landmarks that catch everyone’s attention at the beach. These include the old Heritage Townhall, Dupleix’s Statue, the old lighthouse, the War Memorial, the statue of Mahatma Gandhi, etc. You can also hire a professional guide to tell you each and everything about these historical monuments in detail.
Other must-to-do activities include Volleyball, Jogging, Skating, Yoga, and Swimming. You can also visit the local vendors at the beach to do some shopping and bring handicrafts back home.
Image Gallery of Promenade Beach Puducherry
Entry Fee and Timings of Promenade Beach, Puducherry
There is no entry fee to visit the Rock Beach or Promenade Beach in Puducherry. It welcomes its tourists from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM on all days. The recommended exploration time is 1-2 hours.
Travel Tips for Promenade Beach, Puducherry
- Always carry good quality sunscreen with you. It is important to protect your sensitive skin from the harsh UV rays.
- Wear comfortable clothes to make the most of your visit to the beach. Otherwise, you won't be able to explore its surroundings freely.
- Do not forget to bring your camera along. The beach provides numerous opportunities to click the pictures of the awe-inspiring sights that are worth capturing.
- Try visiting this beach either in the early morning or late evening to avoid vehicular traffic and to have a great time with your family/friends. You can also witness the beautiful sunrise or sunset here if you reach the location on time.
Best Time to Visit Promenade Beach, Puducherry
Although there is no specific time to visit the Promenade Beach in Puducherry, however, if you want to enjoy it to the fullest, you should plan your getaway during the winter season that starts in October and continues until March.
At this time, the overall climate conditions are very pleasant, with an average temperature ranging from 17-degree Celsius to 22-degree Celsius, thus making it comfortable for tourists to roam around the popular sightseeing places in Pondicherry. Also, it is considered as an ideal time to try your hand at a diverse range of water sports activities at the Promenade Beach.
How to Reach Promenade Beach, Puducherry?
Getting to Promenade Beach in Pondicherry is quite easy. It is situated adjacent to the Goubert avenue and near the M.G. Road area and can be easily accessed by local transport. Once you arrive in the city, you can simply look for an auto-rickshaw ride, a bus ride or hire a private taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Pondicherry to reach your destination in a hassle-free manner.
- Distance from the airport: 5.7 km
- Distance from the railway station: 750 meters
- Distance from the bus stand: 3.3 km
For your convenience, we at Pondicherry Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offer a variety of all-inclusive Pondicherry tour packages that help you make the most of your Pondicherry tour at pocket-friendly prices. Depending on your holiday duration, our team can also customize the packages for your ease. With us, you can also avail the several discount coupons to save a few more bucks for some shopping on a trip. What else do you need? Fill the Contact Us form to know more about our offerings!