Once a French settlement, Pondicherry is now a pristine Union Territory in Southern India. Its French legacy shines through the mustard-colored villas with bougainvillea-laden walls, chic boutiques, and tree-lined streets. It is also popular for its enlivening seaside tourist resorts. Pondicherry is perfect for a laid-back vacation. You can book a Pondicherry Darshan Package to comfortably experience the best of Pondicherry.
Pondicherry offers an amalgamation of French style and traditional Indian sensibilities. Capture its true essence by strolling on its cobbled paths. Witness the Bay of Bengal from the seaside promenade. Take a bicycle ride or explore the boulevards, quaint cafés, and authentic French bakeries. The small town is ideal for a relaxing break with family, friends, or colleagues.
You can explore the pristine locale with Pondicherry Darshan Packages by Holidays DNA. Our specially curated packages offer the best experiences of Pondicherry to make your holiday memorable. We try to meet the varying needs of travelers of all types by suggesting sightseeing spots and activities as per their interests.
Our customized Pondicherry Darshan Packages are suitable for nature enthusiasts, history buffs, and adventure lovers. We include places of interest and activities for all types of travelers and allow you to personalize them as per your choice. Our list provides you with a plethora of exciting things and the best sightseeing places in Pondicherry to choose from.
Make your Pondicherry trip fun by picking the best from the popular sightseeing spots. You can book the best cab vendors from Pondicherry to add convenience to your trip. We ensure your safety and comfort throughout the tour. Our tour packages are designed to engage travelers with families, kids, senior citizens, and even backpackers.
For those with spare time on hand, we also provide accommodation and other facilities. You can visit tourist spots near Pondicherry and enjoy a comfortable stay with our Pondicherry tour packages with stay and hotel.
Our Pondicherry tour packages come coupled with cab and driver facilities by the best cab service providers. The knowledgeable and trusted local drivers take you around Pondicherry and even guide you to the best sightseeing places in Pondicherry.
Top Places to Visit in Pondicherry Darshan Packages
Some of the places in Pondicherry that you can visit on your Pondicherry Darshan packages include:
1. Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple: The Sri Manakula Vinayagar Temple is popular among Hindu devotees. Dedicated to Lord Ganesha, the revered shrine existed before the French arrived and settled in Pondicherry in 1666. With its illustrious history, it is one of the oldest temples in the region, being more than 500 years old.
The 24-day long festival of Bramhothsavam is a significant celebration held at the temple premises. While Ganesha Chaturthi is the most important one, Deepawali and Pongal are also celebrated with special pujas. On Vijaya Dashami, the huge golden chariot made from 7.5 kg gold runs outside of the temple.
2. Raj Nivas (Le palais du Gouvemeur): Raj Nivas is a magnificent 18th century building. It is a prime tourist spot in Pondicherry that serves as the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Pondicherry. The state guests and the governor’s personal guests can be accommodated here, It has even been host to French Governors.
The entry of the common people to the elegant white mansion is restricted. However, you can spend roughly an hour exploring the expansive and well-kept garden, intricate carvings on various statues, decorated masonry columns with European designs, beautifully carved wooden pillars, and water monuments.
3. Paradise Beach: Being a secluded beach, Paradise Beach offers the perfect ambiance to de-stress and rejuvenate. You have to take a 20-30 minutes boat ride across the backwaters to reach the place. Its calm and clean environment along with the palm trees and sparkling waters make it an ideal vacationing spot.
In case of rain or strong winds, you can take shelter in the many huts spread across the beach. Birdwatching, trekking, photography, and fishing are some of the popular activities on this beach. You can also sit on the golden sands and enjoy the scenery.
4. Arikamedu: Located on the banks of the Ariyankuppam River, Arikamedu is an archaeological site throwing light on Silk Road contacts. First excavated in the 1940s, it was revealed that Arikamedu was once a sleepy fishing village.
One of the earliest-known Indo-Pacific bead-making centers, it was also an Indo-Roman trading center. It also produced stone, glass beads, cotton and muslin textiles, jewelry, and glass. Excavated wares like pottery, shells, and beads indicate a flourishing handicraft tradition. Carry food and water while visiting this spot.
5. Chunnambar Boat House: Chunnambar Boat House is a tranquil and charming place that acts as an easy escape from exhausting city life. Located on the backwaters connecting Paradise Beach, Chunnambar Boat House offers a pleasant and relaxing experience.
Replete with waterfalls and green meadows, the boathouse is ideal for a family picnic or couples on a honeymoon. You can also soak in the sun and play water sports. As you arrive, get overnight accommodation in a treehouse for the amazing sunrise and birds chirping. You can take a boat tour of the backwaters and trek. You can get delightful food inside your accommodation. However, you should not bring liquor and outside food.
6. Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus: Located on South Boulevard, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is one of the 21 Basilicas in the country. Renowned as the largest church of Pondicherry, it was built in Roman-Byzantine style. In 1908 the French Missionaries constructed it, and in 2011 it was conferred the Basilica status. It upholds Gothic architecture.
The entrance has images of Jesus and Mother Mary, and engravings of Biblical words in Latin. The imposing façade is adorned with 24 Corinthian columns. The glass windows, featuring images of 28 saints, are encircled by terracotta craft. At the church, occasions like Easter, Christmas, and New Year are celebrated lavishly.
7. Bharathi Park: Situated close to the Promenade beach, and in the Old Colonial Region of White Town, Bharathi or Government Park is a popular tourist attraction in Pondicherry. It is a huge and nice place to be with family and friends. You will admire the Greco-Roman arch-shaped structure, fountains, and vibrant flowers.
The natural beauty of Bharathi Park is soothing. With greenery all around, you can sit and walk in its serenity. There is also a man-made pond and a traffic park. Children will love the play area and the well-kept toys. It also houses massive statues and flanks prominent government edifices.
8. Jawahar Toy Museum: Positioned at the Old Lighthouse building near Gandhi Maidan, this well-maintained place is much loved by kids and adults alike. You will be impressed by the huge assortment of dolls and toys, collected from the different states of the country.
The 140 dolls are wonderfully dressed in colorful clothes, and each one is clearly labeled. Its design, creativity, collection, and decoration draw people from all over the world. You will also love the little fairyland demonstration with a miniature Ganesha watching over the procession.
9. French War Memorial: Constructed in memory of the soldiers who lost their lives in World War I, it is a nice place overlooking the charming promenade. Located in the French Quarter in White Town, it was built in 1971. It can be visited by couples, family, and friends.
The four stark white columns have a life-size statue of a soldier leaning on a rifle. There is also a small garden around the memorial. Every year on the 14th of July, the monument is illuminated to celebrate Bastille Day. You can also take beautiful photographs of the simple yet stylish structure.
10. Pondicherry Museum: The museum is also known as Pondy or Puducherry Museum, it is located in Bharathi Park. It houses an extensive collection of artifacts, showcasing the region’s rich culture and heritage.
You can see the excavated stones, jewelry, statues, and coins from Arikamedu. The stone sculptures and bronze statues depict the vivacious life of the Cholas and the Pallavas. You can also explore the church relics, furniture, temple lamps, handicrafts, and art pieces. In the foyer, the fossilized trunks of old trees are preserved. The massive transportation system of the earlier times also attracts tourists.
Besides these, you can also spare some time to visit other popular sightseeing places in Pondicherry like Serenity Beach, Auroville Beach, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Pondicherry Lighthouse, Varadaraja Perumal Temple, and Botanical Gardens.
In addition to our list of top cab vendors offering Pondicherry Darshan Packages, we have also created the list of best Delhi Darshan packages, Chennai Darshan packages, Kolkata Darshan packages, Hyderabad Darshan packages, and Mumbai Darshan packages.
If you want to explore more then you can also visit other places near Pondicherry on your Pondicherry Darshan Packages. Book an exclusive tour to places such as Gokilambal Thirukameswarar Temple (11 km), Ousteri Wetland and National Park (10 km), and Chidambaram (59 km).
Eager? Hurry request to speak to our team and book an enthralling sightseeing trip in Pondicherry!